How Many Decks...
So how many decks of cards do you need to play Canasta? Well, that is really a trick question. While most in America are used to "American Canasta" which requires 2 decks, some of the up and coming versions of Canasta like "Hand and Foot" can require 5 or 7 decks depending on how many people are playing.
Here is a list of some of the most popular versions of Canasta and how many decks you will need:
1) Canasta - **Most Common** - 2 Decks
2) Bolivia - 3 Decks
3) Brazilian - 3 Decks
4) Chile - 3 Decks
5) Cuban - 3 Decks
6) Cutthroat - 2 Decks
7) Five-Hand Canasta - 2 Decks
8) Hand and Foot - 4 Player (variation of Canasta) - 5 Decks
9) Mexicana - 3 Decks
10) Pennies from Heaven - 4 Decks
11) Samba - 3 Decks
12) Six-Hand Canasta - 3 Decks
13) Three-Hand Canasta - 3 Decks
14) Two-Hand Canasta - 2 Decks
15) Uruguay - 3 Decks
If you see something that is wrong or can think of another version of Canasta that we need to add please let us know!
Are you looking for a unique gift item? Why not put your photo on a deck of normal playing cards at Your Photo Playing Cards?